The day to day demands across the spheres of our existence from family to work, among others can take a toll on what we can bear mentally, and we deserve to seek for and receive help because these daily demands can lead to stressors which can result in a range of problems such as substance abuse and mental illnesses. At The Olive Prime Psychological services (TOPs), we are aware of the dynamics of being human and we understand that life can go beyond what we can bear, triggering a need to be supported and understood, therefore, we are committed to support service users (which refers to clients or patients) to experience a more realistic, flexible and full recovery, even as it concerns addictions and mental illnesses.
Job Title: Psychiatric Nurse (Locum)
- Observe outpatients and inpatients daily to identify, interpret, and document physical and emotional status and/or patterns, such as assaultive or suicidal behaviour, and response to treatment or medication.
- Administer psychotropic medications to patients, monitor use, and document reactions.
- Instruct patients on the purpose, dosage, and side effects of medication, and explain the legal process related to the patient's refusal to take prescribed medication.
- Monitor the number of outpatients and inpatients present in the facility at certain intervals.
- Provide information, emotional support and reassurance to patients.
- Take patients vital signs and samples for investigations.
- Assess care requirements/write care plans
- Instruct support workers in the assessment and safety of service users always
- Ensure that scheduled Urine Drug test is taken for patient and recorded appropriately.