Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychosocial Support (PSS) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time - Local
Reports to: Psychosocial Support Specialist
Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension dependent on performance and funding).
- The Psychosocial Support (PSS) Officer supports the direct implementation of the “Supporting the Socio-Economic Reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Groups, and other vulnerable children, in North East Nigeria” project through delivery of Trauma Awareness and Resilience Trainings, in addition to facilitating Transformative Dialogues.
- The PSS Specialist will also support Case Management Officers in providing specific PSS related technical advice on more complex child protection cases to improve the well-being and safety of beneficiary children.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The PSS Specialist will deliver Trauma Awareness and Resilience Trainings to beneficiary children, in addition to Transformative Dialogues, according to project work plan.
- Coordinate with Community Mobilizing Officers and Assistants to ensure relevant target populations are mobilised. Ensure coordination to capture attendance record and ensure information is stored systematically.
- Engage in training on Trauma Awareness and Transformative Dialogue delivered by Trauma Specialist.
- Respond to cases of particular children if more in depth PSS response is required, and ensure coordination with Case Management Officers and Assistants.
- Support technical capacity building of Case Management Officers, Assistants and Community Case Workers through ad hoc consultations and mentoring on psycho-social support. Deliver in depth trainings when required.
- Write training activity reports on all trainings facilitated, ensuring rich content is captured through quotations and photos (with necessary consent/ assent), and ensure these are submitted in a timely manner.
- Represent Search externally where required, for example in MHPSS forums in Borno State.
- Share necessary security updates with Security Manager in areas of intervention to ensure safety of beneficiaries and team members in ongoing risk assessments
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.