In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Public Health Advisor
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The Public Health Advisor will be responsible for monitoring outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency and promote public health program in project communities.
- Responsible for carrying out and promoting public health program activities in the project communities.
- Provide trainings and creative COVID19 preventive awareness programs to project beneficiaries.
- Provide advice, assistance, and/or consultation on public health programs in target states and communities
- Identify public health problems and issues as they relate to unsafe or ineffective use by beneficiaries or health professionals.
- Advise public health personnel and program staff on program policies, procedures, and activities
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.