Zocode Limited - Our client, a Manufacturing company located in the South-Eastern part of Nigeria is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
- Purchasing Officer Responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.)
- For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
- Establish relationships and serve as a representative of the company when negotiating contracts and building vendor and supplier trust as well as track and monitor the delivery and confirmation of all materials and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and evaluate potential vendors and suppliers
- Request quotes and compare prices for maximum ROI
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Negotiate appropriate contracts for pricing and supply
- Examine and review products and supplies to ensure quality
- Track incoming inventory, delivery arrival time, and note actual arrival time
- Organize and update database of suppliers, delivery times, invoices, and quantity of supplies
- Work with team members, supervisors, and purchasing manager to develop future purchasing plans and source potential relationships with vendors
- Analyze potential vendors and suppliers for future project needs
- Ensure all deliveries contain all goods requested.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage.
- Collaborate with financial team members on contracts, invoicing, and other financial matters.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date.