Jemi Neil Consulting - Our client, a reputable Construction company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates fill the position below:
Job Title: QA / QC Engineer
- Our client is seeking for a competent and experienced QA/QC Engineer
- The QA/QC Engineer is responsible for assuring that the quality of the work meets or exceeds the project’s contractual requirements, and maintains the standard of excellence established
- He/She is also responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the quality management system.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop method statements for the construction activities including risk assessment and job hazard analysis with the site HSE Officer
- Develop and implement project quality plan (QP), inspection & test plan (ITP), and checklists based on the contract requirements
- Interpret client’s specifications, applicable international codes and standards to ensure that all workers / supervisors are carrying out their jobs in line with International best practices
- Carry out inspection, check all quality related tasks on site and ensure activities are as per approved method statements / work procedures and inspection test plans
- Ensure compliance to construction drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every activity involving multidisciplinary operations (Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline).
- Coordinate with the sub-contractors / suppliers for material sampling, testing, technical submittals and reviews with the QA/QC Manager
- Inspect calibrations of measurement instruments, testing equipment and review of related certifications
- Issue relevant quality records and when necessary, write and send non-conformance reports to QA/QC Manager.
- Maintain all QA/QC records of the entire project including material receipt inspection, checklists, work approvals, mill certificates, calibration certificates, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports, site instruction/observations etc.
- Prepare concrete mix design document in accordance with the project specifications and ensure compliance.
- Review of sub-contractor’s or supplier’s documents prior to submission to QA/QC Manager for final verification with respect to Clients Specifications and International Standards
- Carry out materials receiving / visual inspections as required, data collation and analysis
- Review and manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections carried out
- Witness laboratory tests and ensure compliance with approved procedures and specifications
- Attend safety, quality and weekly progress review or coordination meetings
- Prepare site daily and weekly QC reports.