Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa. We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technologist for a client of ours who is a food processing firm.
Food safety and quality are the highest priorities for our company. The Quality Assurance Technician will fill an essential role in the monitoring and advancement of our safety and quality Programs. Through daily process checks as well as short and long term projects, the QA tech will ensure the integrity of each batch of food that we produce, so that our customers can always enjoy our product with full confidence and satisfaction.
The successful Quality Assurance Technologist must have a scientific base of knowledge, an entrepreneurial and tenacious character, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within our company. Report to Director of Operations.
- Perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation and warehousing functions of the company, including pre-operational checks, sanitation verification, label checks, salt and Ph testing, water activity testing, net weight checks, package integrity checks and organoleptic checks.
- Calibrate test equipment.
- Schedule and execute sample submittals to external laboratory vendor for batch testing.
- Receive and document batch testing results from external laboratory vendor.
- Provide independent oversight of processes, verifying compliance to company standards and policies, and effectively communicating when there are deviations from standards or processes.
- Assist in training employees on food safety, company processes and FDA Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of QA activities.
- Maintain organized inventory of retained products.
- Monitor HACCP critical control points.
- Participate in preparation for 3rd party safety audits.
- Maintain ongoing company compliance with all applicable regulations and 3rd party auditor Requirements.
- Conduct research on Quality Assurance issues and deliver reports on research to management.
- Recommend, champion and execute program enhancements.