Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Job type: Full time
Reporting To: Head, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Assist the Head - Health, Safety and Environment in QHSE policy and process formulation, implementation and compliance companywide.
- Carry out the day to day operations of QHSE department and contribute to the application of effective Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support
- Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of QHSE initiatives and programs consistent with regulatory requirements and Good International Industry Practice.
- Provide strategic leadership, professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of QHSE processes for all aspects of Ikeja Electric’s operations including ISO Certifications, Business Continuity strategy, regulatory compliance, institutional policies, Contractors safety Management and human capital development.
- Provide expert advice and support on QHSE issues to Head of Departments and other Functional Heads in ensuring compliance and adherence to existing relevant local legislation, Company policies & Guidelines and best industry practices.
- Develop and provide technical and administrative direction on all QHSE policies and programmes which bear critical importance to overall corporate objectives, operations and profitability of the business units in Ikeja Electric
- Highlight as appropriate to Head, QHSE, any weaknesses concerning the provision of Health and Safety measures and statutory compliance of Ikeja Electric.
- Drive the Implementation and Certification of processes in line with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 and ensure Facility Safety Assessments/Hazard Spotting Analysis, bespoke trainings, risk assessments and Incident Investigations are implemented in the company in line with the NERC Health & Safety Code and International best practices
- Coordinate the development and implementation of QHSE Policy, procedures and processes to ensuring that IE activities and operations are executed in a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly manner for both internal and external projects
- Work closely with and provide support to all other departments and managers in order to optimize the company’s overall QHSE performance
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a proactive HSE culture amongst company and contractor employees for managing QHSE risks efficiently and effectively.
- Perform any other duties as requested by Head of Department