Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Quality Human Resources for Health (HRH) Training Specialist for a USAID-funded health workforce management project in Nigeria. The position is full-time and based in Abuja with travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States.
- Design and lead the implementation of activities to improve the management of health training institutions;
- Design curricula that are appropriate for the service delivery demands, including the integration of gender-sensitive modules;
- Strengthen continuing education and in-service training in the health system;
- Design and implement activities that increase the availability and quality of instructors, including efficiency improvements using innovations such as distance-based learning;
- Foster quality improvement processes for maternal and child services competencies;
- Strengthen quality through standard setting and regulation including ensuring adherence to standards;
- Ensure close collaboration and networking with professional organizations;
- Oversee a baseline assessment of pre-service training institutions to benchmark institutional performance in order to determine a process for continuous improvement, systems development, and undertaking reforms.