EST Master Construction Limited is a leading construction company in diverse market segments. We are considered among the best because of our ability to undertake large and complex projects, embrace new technologies, and make a difference in the lives of our clients, employees and neighbours.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: Building and Construction
Ref Code: MCLR/CON/01/20
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
The candidate must have proficiency in construction contract administration in the following areas:
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
- Administration of claims
- Management of variations
- Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts
- Drawing up contracts for vendors/subcontractors
- Supervision of tender process inclusive of Bid Analysis of capital work to negotiation, cost control, and final account.
- Construction supervision, inspection, measurement of contract works and preparation of payment certificates.
- Preparation of assessment/evaluation reports and attending all mandatory meetings.
- Excellent knowledge/skills in costing and estimation.
- High degree of accuracy and speed in measurement of Building and Civil Engineering work.
- Excellent knowledge/skills in management of subcontractors and direct labour.
- Pricing all works in line with current market conditions whilst maintaining established profit margins.
- Improving where possible company profits.
- Ensuring contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients’ requirements.
- Managing target costs and preparing monthly cost reconciliation for the Project Manager.
- Undertaking site visits in preparation of all tenders and take photographs and preparing tenders based on estimating procedures.
- Up-to-date reports.
- Responsible for all the commercial aspects of projects from appraisal and validation of subcontractor applications.
- Submission and Negotiations of Final Accounts.