Breakthrough ACTION is the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) flagship social and behavior change (SBC) project led by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP). Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria’s project goal is to increase the practice of priority health behaviors in malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health, including nutrition (MNCH+N), family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH), and tuberculosis (TB) at the national and sub-national levels in collaboration with the relevant USAID implementing partners (IPs). Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria works with federal and state Ministry of Health programs, departments, and agencies to improve their SBC capacity and coordination.
Job Title: Radio Spot Script Writer (Consultancy)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Consultancy Media / Advertising / Branding
- Radio Spot Script Writer for a National Tuberculosis Umbrella Campaign
Background and context:
- BA-N is supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), in collaboration with NGO partners and other stakeholders, to develop a national TB umbrella campaign and brand identity that will unify TB social and behaviour change activities across Nigeria.
- In December 2019, NTBLCP and BA-N facilitated a stakeholder workshop to develop creative concepts for the TB umbrella campaign and brand identity. Following the workshop, BA-N further refined and developed these concepts, using a designer to produce one poster for each of four shortlisted creative concepts.
- The project requires a writer to develop scripts for 60-second radio spots for the 4 creative concepts that will be that will be used during concept testing.
- The Radio Spot Script Writer consultant will write four radio scripts based on four creative concepts, aligned with a creative brief.
Approach to work:
- The consultant will receive and review a creative brief and description of creative concepts. The consultant will develop one 60-second radio spot for each of the four creative concepts and submit them to BA-N for review and feedback.
- One script for a 60-second radio spot for each of four creative concepts provided by BA-N
- Qualifications and Specialized Knowledge
- Demonstrated professional writing for radio
- Proven ability to write engaging content for radio (both dramatic and factual info)
- Experience developing radio content-drama for public health related projects
- Experience developing social and behavior change content
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word
- Access to a laptop to accomplish the scope of work
- Availability during the consultancy period
Period of consultancy:
- Consultancy is expected to be awarded by December 18, 2019, and the completed scripts should be submitted by January 10, 2020.
- The Radio Spot Script Writer Consultant will report to Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria’s SBC and Innovations Advisor.