The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health Is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, YIV,RSSH) within the LSMOH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Duration of Contract: 12 months (January - December 2020)
Reporting to: STBLCP/GMU
Specific objectives and Duties
- Obtain x-ray images of the patients through the process of radiographic imaging along with proper diagnosis.
- Carry out Chest x.rays on the mobile x-ray vans
- Liaise with the Site supervisor and field team on site to ensure smooth workflow and maximize system efficiency throughout chest x-ray screening activities.
- Ensure all adequate safety measure are taken to avoid any undue exposure to radiation
- Ensure proper handling and use of x-ray equipment, and related software
- Ensure all individuals (coming in for an x-ray)are managed, prepared and guided adequately
- Ensure that data (such as patient IDs, demographics, CAD scores etc.) is entered into the system
- Ensure that there is no mishandling of equipment and accessories and that all start up and shutdown protocols are followed.
- Support other staff members of the team when required
- Perform other related duties as required
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations and referrals
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.