Anadach Consulting Limited - Our client is a leading provider of world-class healthcare services for over 15 years in Lagos, Nigeria with the aim of providing prompt, efficient and high-quality healthcare services to clients. As a result of strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patients’ experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiology Assistant
Job Type: Part-Time
- The Radiology Assistant will be responsible for managing and assessing patients by performing radiographic examination using x-rays, and ultrasound imaging technology under the direction of a radiologist.
- The candidate will assist the radiologist as needed and ensure that all required documentation and policy/procedures have been completed and followed.
- Prepare patients for procedures by taking patient’s medical history and explaining the expected nature of examinations and also answering general questions.
- Perform set up and stocking of procedure rooms, which may include, but not limited to scheduling, registration, documentation, release of information and customer services.
- Performs radiologic procedures by taking medical images or examinations.
- Ensure that medical images are complete and made in the highest quality so as to meet the needs of the doctor in charge of patient’s care.
- Enhance patient care by assisting the radiologist with patient assessment, patient management and radiological procedure.
- Make initial observation of diagnostic images and ensure that documentation is completed to meet the needs of the physician.
- Implement proper safety protocols and requirements to avoid contaminating the results or causing physical harm to patients or themselves.
- Understand and observe health and safety at work and welfare issues, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect self and others.
- Responsible for calibrating and maintaining equipment before and after usage.
- Perform pain assessment and takes appropriate action according to standard operating procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the need of the organization in delivering quality care to patients.