Qualifications and Experience (Basic Medical Sciences)
- Candidates in the Basic Medical Sciences must possess a Ph.D from recognized institution. Possession of a registrable Medical Degree will be an advantage
- Candidates for Professorship in the Basic Medical Sciences must demonstrate evidence of teaching in a University or an institution of similar standing for at least 12 years and must have contributed to knowledge in the form of scholarly publications in reputable journals.
Qualifications and Experience (Nursing Science)
- For Nursing Science, aside from qualification prescribed above, candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division, Registered as a Nurse / Midwife / Public Health with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Master’s Degree in Nursing Science, Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Nursing Science
- He/she must have capacity to provide academic and managerial leadership to upcoming colleagues and be able to attract research grants.
Qualifications and Experience (Clinical Departments)
- For Clinical Departments, candidates must possess Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African Postgraduate Medical College or similar College Overseas.
- A Ph.D Degree will be an additional advantage
- Candidates for Professorship must demonstrate evidence of teaching in a University or an institution of similar standing for at least 9 years and must have contributed to knowledge in the form of scholarly publications in reputable journals
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years as a Reader / Associate Professor
- Computer literacy is an important requirement.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years as a Senior Lecturer in a University of similar standing.
Conditions of Service
As contained in the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti condition of Service Governing Staff appointment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Applications (15 copies) which should include candidates Curriculum Vitae as follows:
Post being sought
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
- State / Local Govt. Area
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Addresses of three Referees who should be requested to forward their References to the Registrar
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including awarding institutions and dates)
- Current position
- Previous Posts with dates
- Details of Publications (to include authors, title of articles or books, journal name, volume no, pages and dates of publication)
- Short statement of current research activities
- Date of availability for duties if appointed.
All Applications and supporting documents should be forwarded to:
Ekiti State University,
P.M.B. 5363, Ado-Ekiti,
Note: Final consideration of appointment as Professor or Reader will be made after positive Report on the assessment of publication and interview.