Brookstone Property is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Real Estate Development Manager
- Are you an innovative and creative real estate deal maker who has a history of successfully executing commercial real estate transactions or executing development projects?
- Do you have experience working in commercial, retail, and residential projects?
- Are you able to add value through every step of the development process including sourcing and acquiring land, office/retail leasing, financial modelling and analysis, and project oversight?
- Do you appreciate the value that can be created by comprehensive market feasibility and analysis, design oversight, financial analysis, sales/leasing interactive advertising and project management?
- Are you looking for a performance-driven culture where the focus is creating great developments where people love to live, work, play and a work environment which will challenge your real estate acumen?
- If so, you may be a good fit as the Real Estate Development Manager for our team in Lagos, Nigeria, and we'd love to hear your story.
- The Real Estate Development Manager has two main functions:
- Develop Brookstone’s project pipeline by cultivating relationships with and developing business from land owners, and off-takers including retail, office, and residential off-takers, and
- Manage Brookstone’s development portfolio from inception to completion including project conceptualization, design oversight, execution, team sourcing, attaining financing, project management and delivery. He/She will assist in areas covering Planning, Construction, Sales & Marketing, Financial Management & Reporting, Stakeholder Engagement and Management, Acquisitions and Procurement.
- We are looking for a very skilled and adaptive associate who can balance creative thinking and financial accountability, strategic planning, lead generation and sales execution, leadership and management, individual and team performance, culture and discipline.
- He/She will be required to communicate with multiple stakeholders and partners, manage the commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Management Team to acquire, develop, and manage commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavours
- Participate in all phases of complex developments including underwriting, internal investment approval, due diligence, financing, closing, development, and management
- Work with other development team members to prepare presentation materials for senior management, investors, JV partners, lenders, planning authorities, etc.
- Interact with senior management on a daily basis to drive decisions which affect ongoing projects
- Perform analyses by creating financial models and make recommendations to senior management based on these analyses
- Interact with multiple teams including the Property Management Team, Leasing Team, Finance Team, and the Legal Team to drive the progress of a project.
- Prepare budget models, investor memorandums and tenant leasing documents
- Drive with land acquisition including site visits, due diligence, liaising with agents and owners, preliminary financial analyses and securing anchor tenants
- Participation in design meetings with the architects, engineers and project team members
- Assist with negotiation of project legal documents, contracts, leases, etc.
- Participation in marketing/leasing strategy sessions.
- Oversee Development Team meetings.
- Manage negotiation meetings with the contractors/consultants, vendors, tenants, etc.