FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the "Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recovery Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
About the Job
- FINCA recruits an experienced hand for the position of Recovery Officer (RO). The Recovery Officer is responsible in the management of the bank defaulting portfolios.
- S/he will be well-informed on the debt collection best practices and approaches and will develop options and alternatives that guarantees an effective recovery process that will reduce the bank Portfolio at Risk (PAR) to the lowest minimum.
- This position reports directly to the Head of Credit or as may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain delinquent reports for all assigned defaulting portfolios and manage the recovery process.
- Manage assigned write off loan with support of legal department and Loan Officer.
- Develop options and alternatives that guarantee an effective recovery process, by devising customized recovery strategy on a case by case basis.
- Respond and enforce the banks policy issues to clients; such as fraud, breach of contract etc.
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive records of customer’ discussions.
- Manage all assets (vehicles, income generating assets, personal assets and inventories) presented for repossession in line with the bank’s processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality while handling customers enquires and information.
- Deliver high quality, efficient, responsive and professional service during the recovery process that portraits the bank ethical conduct.
- Comply with any CBN set guidelines for ethical debt collection practices as may be issued from time to time.
- Report [daily] progress against target to the designated authority
- Prepare and organize Credit Risk Committee Meetings with the Head of Credit.