Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruiting Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- You are passionate about building and growing a team and connecting a broad range of candidates to the role of their dreams.
- You thrive when hiring and innovating recruiting processes to hire across a broad range of technical and business disciplines.
- You have an intuitive sense of role alignment and a data-driven instinct for building scalable recruitment processes.
- You also understand the importance of recruiting best practices, candidate experience, project/program management and the service-based approach needed to be an Excellent recruiter, and are ambitious enough to be Andela Nigeria’s Primary Lead for Staff hiring.
- Drive the growth of Andela Nigeria - leading the recruitment efforts across various departments
- Partner with other Country/Departament Leads/Recruiting members globally to share best practices and support the evolution of Andela’s world-class Recruiting team
- Testing and implementing Andela’s channel sourcing strategy and execution for engaging and attracting Africa’s top technologists and other non-technical profiles.
- Utilizing, providing feedback on, and improving templates, communications strategies, systems, and processes that enable the speedy, efficient, and quality delivery of high quality technologists into Andela’s
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing hiring operations, and help define new hiring strategies.
- Partner with senior level management on high-profile leadership requisitions and assist them in determining and fulfilling their talent needs.
- Build relationships with strong leadership talent in the marketplace. Source passive candidates through research, internal and external networking, and direct outreach.
- Leverage strategic thinking in order to run a successful search process and help hire exceptional talent.
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- Create an outstanding process for building relationships with recruitment channel partners, vendors including developing partnerships and attracting top talents from across the continent and the diaspora.
- Set team’s objectives, priorities, and resources. Develop and track metrics for measuring hiring progress and selection effectiveness.
- Manage hiring marketing and project budgets to ensure that expenditure maximizes return on investment
- Relentlessly and consistently engage and follow-up with prospective candidates and referrers.