North East Regional Initiative (NERI) - An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Program Officer
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Regional Program Officer (RPO) will serve as the program focal point in Nigeria for coordination, implementation and reporting to advance OTI’s Lake Chad Basin (LCB) regional strategy
- The RPO will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and serve as the Nigeria program’s primary advisor on OTI’s regional approach. To do so, the RPO will liaise with RPOs and program staff from OTI’s other LCB programs, the OTI LCB Regional Advisor based in Accra, and staff from OTI’s regional Learning Analysis and Reporting Program (LARP)
- S/he will serve as a member of and advise the Nigeria program’s Senior Management Team (SMT) on regional political, legal and economic developments, and developments in the regional agenda that affect the Nigeria program’s strategic focal states/regions
- The RPO will provide strategic guidance on how to continuously adapt the program to ensure that it remains coordinated and relevant, effective, and immediately takes advantage of windows of programming opportunities as they arise within the context of OTI’s regional strategy.
- The RPO will work to goals and targets of the Nigeria Program, set in coordination with the OTI LCB Regional Advisor (LCB RA) to achieve regional approach and work plan objectives. The RPO will coordinate with both the Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation and Program teams, and the OTI LCB RA and LARP staff to ensure that lessons learned are captured and incorporated region-wide
- The position will be based in Abuja with travel to Northeastern Nigeria and occasionally to Ghana and to other OTI programs in the region
- The OTI Regional approach is a newly established framework that will be adapted as determined needed to improve its effectiveness. Therefore, the nature and responsibilities of the position are expected to evolve.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Regional Program Officer reports to the Nigeria Deputy Chief of Party. S/he will coordinate LCB regional-level work under the Nigeria Program DCoP’s guidance, specifically on reporting and M&E, research and analysis and coordinating approaches, activities and sharing lessons learned across OTI LCB programs
- The RPO will work in coordination with the OTI LCB RA, LARP staff and other OTI program RPOs, and with the Nigeria Program and M&E teams.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to the overall LCB regional-level strategy and approach through constant news monitoring, contact with USG partners, other donors, the OTI LCB RA, LARP and other OTI regional staff;
- Work with the Nigeria Senior Management Team, LCB RPOs, and LCB RA to propose and coordinate activities in support of OTI’s LCB regional strategy, including identifying areas for leveraging and/or replication of activities across programs;
- Maintain regular contact with the OTI RA, LARP staff and counterpart RPOs on OTI LCB programs, regarding relevant yellow-lights and activity development, information and reporting, M&E and other actions and items needed to implement the OTI LCB regional strategy;
- Input lessons learned across OTI LCB programs into program activity development;
- Assist the OTI RA in gathering lessons learned from the various OTI LCB programs’ M&E teams and incorporate these into the Nigeria country program, resulting in overall improved project design;
- Assist the OTI LCB RA in ensuring that the LCB regional database components are kept updated and are accurate, including the training of relevant program staff in LCB regional functions, processes and reporting in the database.
- Inform and assist in the prioritization of LCB regional research and analysis, and outreach products.
- Coordinate with the Reporting and Communications team and both the OTI RA and LARP staff to provide inputs to bi-weekly, regional report, success story products;
- Respond to requests from the client as needed;