Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa. Sahel is currently recruiting for an anticipated program focused on developing the local Nigerian dairy sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Senior Program Manager
Location: Abuja Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief of Party (CoP)
Travel: Extensive travels across project States
About the Program
- Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. If approved, the program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Regional Senior Program Manager’s primary responsibilities are outlined below. S/he is however expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
- Program Oversight: Oversee program activities in his/her assigned region, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the program objectives and expected outcomes. Ensure that the program implementation in his/her region is aligned to relevant standards and makes use of tools, systems and procedures that are in place. Monitor changes, risks and issues, escalate to the CoP as applicable and ensure they are adequately addressed. Work with the program leadership to ensure regional program activities and staff’s compliance with Sahel’s policies and donor requirements.
- Relationship Building & Management: In coordination with the CoP, build and manage effective relations with relevant State Governments, partners and regional stakeholders involved with the program in order to ensure ongoing alignment, commitment and accountability to deliver on the program’s targets. Represent the program at the highest-levels in the assigned states.
- Program Implementation: Coordinate the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and the management of program activities in his/her region and in alignment with directives and guidelines provided by the program headquarters. Provide leadership to regional staff to ensure timely and high-quality implementation of program activities and deliverables in alignment with approved workplans. Work with the program headquarters to coordinate regular internal reviews, updates and reports. Provide input into the development of external program reports.
- Team Building & Management: Create and sustain an environment and culture at the regional office that aligns with that at headquarters and promotes great performance and positive morale. Lead and inspire regional team to deliver on program objectives, providing them with coaching and support as needed.