Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess a good honours Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower) in Humanities or Social Sciences from any recognized University with a minimum of five (5) years of experience as Deputy Registrar in a Federal University
- Possession of Master's Degree and Doctor of Philosophy in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Possession of NYSC Discharge/Exclusion Certificate or Evidence of Exemption is mandatory
- Candidates must possess post-qualification administrative and professional experience Fellowship/Membership of recognized bodies especially ANUPA, NIM, CIPM, CIA, IPMAN, RAMN, CAIAUA, etc is required.
- The right candidate shall therefore be a person of high integrity strong moral character with excellent interpersonal skills and must be able to instil confidence in others in addition to commanding the loyalty and respect of the members of University community
- The candidate must fully understand the complexity of a University system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to promote a world class administrative system
- In addition the Registrar must be able to demonstrate dynamism and wisdom when confronted with crisis or undesirable abilities for institutional loyalty and networking wlth the outside world
- Furthermore, the candidate must be versed in the application of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the 21st Century higher education environment
- The candidate must also be in good health and not be more than sixty years of age on assumption of duty
- The successful candidate should be able to sustain and improve on the University Registry and establish linkages.
- Candidates should provide a succinct vision statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administrative affairs of the University.
- The successful candidate shall be for a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post in other Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Universities Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application with thirty (30) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (which should highlight the following in the order indicated below) along with the vision statement for the position:
- Full Name (surname first in capital letters and underlined)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Postal address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of origin and LGA
- E-mail and contact Telephone Number(s)
- Schools attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates i.e Degree(s) (including Dates/Class and institutions) and/or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous Employments(s) Position(s) Date(s)
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Statement of general and specific working experience with dates
- Present employment, status, salary (Detail with work schedule)
- Conferences attended with dates
- Workshops attended with dates
- Courses/Leadership trainings attended with dates
- List of publications If any
- Other activities outside current employment
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Countries visited
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed
- Names and addresses of three referees.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked "Post of Registrar" and addressed to:
Federal University, Wukari,
200, Katsina Ala Road,
Wukari, Taraba State,
- Each candidate should include the names and addresses of three referees
- Applicants should request each of the referees to forward directly, to the Vice-Chancellor, a confidential report written on a letter- headed paper on the applicants character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope and marked, "Post of Registrar: Referee's report", with the name of the candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelop.
- The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired result
- Late application will not be entertained
- Candidate should attach relevant photocopies of documents to support their Curriculum Vitae
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the Interview and decision of the Governing Council on the process is final
- This advertisement does not Impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.