In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Job Title: Registrar
- In accordance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Law (2020), the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except for financial matters, which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is the chief administrative officer of the University and the repository of University documents/records. The Registrar is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council, and the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation. The Registrar is a member of the University Management and Head of the University Registry.
- The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources, and a team player. He must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
- The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people. The person must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
- The right candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University. He must enjoy good health.