The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporting Officer
- The Reporting Officer is responsible for telling the story of the NLCB program through the development of concise, innovative and compelling communication products.
- S/he will oversee the production of activity monitoring reports, weekly, quarterly, annual and impact reports, success stories and snapshots.
- Through close interaction with the activity management teams located across North East Nigeria, the Reporting Officer will enhance NLCB’s ability to understand how its small community-based grants contribute to the larger goal of denying and undermining violent extremist groups in North East Nigeria.
- This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Reporting Officer reports to the Deputy-Chief of Party (Programs) in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- In coordination with senior management, designs and produces communication materials as needed for project activities, including newsletters, press releases and media briefing.
- Takes a lead role in producing the weekly, quarterly and annual report, coordinating reporting from all field offices.
- Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, coordinates meetings at least once a week with monitoring, evaluation and reporting team in the field offices to define reporting priorities and set timelines for submission.
- Oversees the branding and marking plan for the organization and works with staff to ensure compliance by the project and appropriate guidance to partners.
- Ensures that all Graphic Design, Photography and Videography activities are in compliance with organizational standards and guidelines.
- Ensures effective dissemination and distribution of the program’s media products using various approved medium.
- Monitor and report on routine program activities and scheduled program events, recording summaries in Activity Notes captured in the OTI Web-based Database.
- In coordination with the Program team, write up to two Project Snapshots per month, according to USAID guidelines and CR direction.
- Analyze the sociopolitical situation in relevant areas of the program and the impact of projects as relating to thematic clusters and progress toward program objectives.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing process.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Ensure that reports are in accordance with project communications plans and support project objectives.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.