Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Part Time consultancy
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Contract Term: Consultancy
Duration: On need basis
- We are looking for short term pool of research consultants (roster) to provide short term assignments in Borno northeast Nigeria, to carry out relevant scientific research into key topics related to the conflict dynamics and impact on civilian protection in the northeast.
Scope of Work/Primary Responsibilities
Based on specific research needs, the consultant should:
- Plan Research Strategies
- Find and Collect Data
- Interpret and Analyze Data
- Write Research Reports
- Verify Data
- Present Research findings and develop relevant summary/policy briefs
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Research consultant will report technically to CIVIC’s researcher and have direct reporting lines to the Country Director or his/her designate.
- You will be responsible for collecting, analysing and presenting data in a variety of formats as specified in the specific contract terms for your engagement