Food Concepts commenced operations in 2001. From inception, our aim has been clear-cut and focused: to revolutionize the food sector in West Africa and to deliver extraordinary satisfaction to our stakeholders.
Since launching in 2004, Chicken Republic (Subsidiary of Food concepts) has already opened 55 stores in Nigeria and Ghana. On this basis, we are proud of the brand’s hard-earned reputation as the fastest growing chicken QSR in West Africa and the number 1 chicken QSR in Nigeria (both in revenues and number of outlets). In addition, Chicken Republic was ranked as one of Nigeria’s top 20 brands across all categories (Financial Standards Awards 2009).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk and Compliance Officer
Location: Onipanu, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of frameworks, processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks;
- Develop and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas' risks and risk control assessments;
- Oversee the design and formulation of risk appetite, policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities to manage all significant financial, non-financial and other risks facing the entity and to report to the Head Risk Control
- Oversee, develop, implement and operate risk mitigation strategies;
- Conduct compliance and risk assessments;
- Ensure continuous training on ERM across the organization and risk management culture;
- Ensure Implementation of security program’s risk and control framework and enterprise IT risk strategy;
- Ensure frank and timely internal communication within the entity about risk, both across the entity and through reporting to the board and senior management;
- Conduct continuous monitoring of the risk-taking activities and risk exposures to ensure they are in line with the board-approved risk appetite, risk limits and corresponding capital or liquidity needs;
- Develop and implement an early warning or trigger system for breaches of the entity’s risk appetite or limits;
- Ensure risk management and internal control infrastructure keep pace with changes to the entity’s risk profile, to the external risk landscape and in industry practice.
- Be actively engaged in the process of setting risk measures and limits for the various business lines and monitoring their performance relative to risk-taking and limit adherence.
- Ensure risk assessment process include ongoing analysis of existing risks as well as the identification of new or emerging risks.