The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Manager
Department: Enterprise Risk Management Group
Report to: Compliance Officer (Risk)
Grade: Risk Manager
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Friday, November 16, 2018
- The Risk Manager is responsible for implementing risk policies and processes across the organisation and works closely with all Departments/Units across the organisation.
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating risk, assessing risk tolerances, and monitoring risk performance at the Exchange.
- Supports the Chief Risk Officer in its implementation, review and approval of the enterprise-wide risk and governance framework which includes the Exchange’s risk culture, risk appetite, and risk limits
- Actively monitors the risk-taking activities and risk exposures to ensure they are in line with the Council-approved risk appetite, risk limits and corresponding liquidity limits
- Responsible for furthering the cultural change in the organization required for ERM to be successful as well as implement the ERM Framework and conduct risk assessments on strategic initiatives. Establishes early warning or trigger system for breaches of the Exchange’s risk appetite or limits
- Spearhead the integration of ERM to the Exchange’s strategic plan, and align strategic goals to performance metrics, compliance data, and other necessary factors
- Provides leadership on risk related issues and serve has a strategic partner to all departments
- Maintain risk register for all departments of the Exchange and develop in conjunction with relevant business units, risk controls for managing identified risks
- Develop and implement an annual risk plan for managing risks at the Exchange
- Implement a robust risk reporting procedure to ensure risks are reported/escalated to the appropriate level within the Exchange. e.g. the National Council, Council Committees, Executive Management, business unit heads etc
- Provide support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within the Exchange