Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners. This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development. Ikeja Electric has over 600,000 customers who the company is committed to serve with a New Spirit, New Drive and New Energy. This resolve continues to elicit a passion for service excellence and new thinking on how to empower lives and businesses across the IE network.
Job Title: Risk Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting To: Chief Risk Officer
- Will be responsible for assisting the Chief Risk Officer in risk management activities
- Work with business line and support function managers and risk owners to implement and ensure compliance with Risk Management Policy and procedures, including risk documentation standards.
- Generate and compile risk data, analyze the data regularly and generate summary risk reports for Management, Enterprise Risk Management Committee, and the Board.
- Develop monitoring and reporting processes, including producing summary reports of risk issues and planned resolution for review by the ERM Committee.
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and mature industry practices relating to operational risk management.
- Maintain the enterprise-wide risk and control self-assessment (RCSA) workbook, including coordinating with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defense managers to update risks, controls and assessments.
- Maintain the company’s ERM Report, including updating key risk indicators, limits and tolerance thresholds, and ensure accurate and timely reporting to the ERM Committee.
- Provide analysis of risk trends and comparisons of risk indicators to established risk limits and tolerance thresholds – coordinating with risk owners to understand drivers and root causes of trends - and incorporate conclusions into the ERM Report.
- Collect data on economic, market and industry trends to assist in identifying potential risks associated with proposed new products/services and strategies.
- Create risk awareness and facilitate risk management trainings to staff.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform ad-hoc risk analysis and any other duties as requested by the Chief Risk Officer and the ERM Committee.