CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving Finance Assistant
Location: Borno State
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Finance Officer
Key Job Responsibilities
- Payment to beneficiaries/participants after trainings in field locations
- Payment to volunteers in field locations
- Record all accruals in the GL module of PeopleSoft.
- Ensure all adjustments are recorded in the system on time.
- Petty cash uploads are properly recorded in the system with the correct charging details.
- Month end entries are done timely.
- Perform all treasury management duties in the sub office
- Record all deposits received in the sub office timely.
- Manage the sub office cash to maximize gains and minimize losses
- Participate in the internal control and review of the sub office books and accounts:
- Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction.
- Review Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and other project advances before they are posted in the system.
- Assist Logistics Officer to reconcile the sub office Inventories with the asset account
- Ensure timely preparation of month end and other reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned