Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Safety and Security Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Overall Safety and Security Management in Support to Programs:
- As determined by the Area Co, with technical support from the SSCo represent AAH at the local/regional level to humanitarian and government representatives on related safety and security protocols and needs.
Objective 2-Liaison with Government and external actors for safety and security of AAH staffs:
- Collection of information regarding politics and security in all LGAs where AAH is present as well as on safety & security issues concerning AAH.
- Screening of media and preparation of daily reports.
- Liaison with safety and security providers including Government and security forces for updates and safe passage.
Objective 3-Risk assessments in operational and new mission areas:
- Advise on the content and layout for weekly Situational Reports to Field Coordinators to ensure completion and timely submission.
- Responding to security relevant incidents with information gathering and disseminating information in a timely manner for action by supervisors.
- Maintenance of a state-wide network to influential actors and communication of AAHs status and mission in Nigeria.
- Support and advice of programs in the field regarding safety and security information on a daily basis.
Objective 4-Assist the Area Co.’s to ensure safety/security of AAH personnel and assets:
- Assist Area Co in analysis, identification, quantification and, mitigation of assessed risks.
- Ensure good implementation of security rules (security plan, SOP) in the bases and program areas.
- Contribute to the security plan, SOP writing and send incident reports to Area Co, CD and SSCo.
- Development and maintenance of security network (formal/informal) at base levels.
- Closely coordinate with Area Co for any developments on the security situation.
- In coordination with Area Co, brief all staff on security and context changes as needed at base levels.
Internal & External Relationships
- Area Coordinator: hierarchical relationship, technical support, exchange of information
- Program Managers: exchange of information, collaboration
- Support Coordinators: exchange of information and collaboration
- Base Log and Admin: exchange of information and collaboration
- State government and non-government partners: exchange of information, coordination, liaison, technical evaluation, support requests
- Local representatives of international aid organizations: exchange of information