Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, a beverage company with strong growth plans, backed by international investors, it currently seeks to recruit an candidates, who is ambitious to develop him/herself to an outstanding leader within the Group, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Safety Health and Environment Chief (FMCG)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Mission of the position:
- Promotion and expansion of our company’s products in line with safety health and environmental activities and generate revenues in a way that leads to sustainable growth by avoiding accidents, fire outbreaks, environmental and health issues and promoting safety awareness among employees.
- Executive Management- Inform, Advice, Support and coordinate safety activities
- Senior Management- Advice, Inform, Support and coordinate safety activities
- Other Staff- SHE Management across all functional areas, training, Advisory, support and monitoring.
- Contractors- Conduct trainings, inductions, analyse their job and authorise permit
- OGEPA- Environmental compliance, monitoring and audit
- MoE - Ensure statutory compliance, permits, audit reporting
- MAN- Attend meetings, relay information and seek support
- Fire Service- Renewal of Fire certificate, Fire Audit, inspection
- DPR- Renewal of Petroleum storage permit
- Rambigas- Environmental Audits, Env. Permits, consultancy, etc
- Effective management of SHE across the business and working closely with the client’s SHE team.
- Champion and manage the entire factory fire safety and emergency response and also liaise with federal fire service for renewal of fire certificate as when due.
- Conduct fire quarterly fire risk assessment with fire team and fire maintenance contractors and recommend corrective measures.
- Monitor and ensure all parameters are in place with respect to safety management and ensure proper documentation for audit.
- Promoting a positive and proactive safety culture across projects and especially with respect to site work.
- Providing Health & Safety advice, guidance and coaching to project team to embed natural safety culture.
- Management Systems Installation and Auditing: Provide technical support to client organizations in the development and implementation of their SHEMS, SMS and EMS, aligned to international Standard/specifications.
- Champion site inspections and audits both internally and externally.
- Interface with clients, contractors and other stakeholders, ensuring a proactive and
- Effective approach to project QSE and supporting delivery (e.g KPIs, briefings, induction).
- Promoting policies, processes, legislation, regulations and standards and any changes best practice identified.
- Provide safety leadership to all field resources, development and execution of safety strategy.
- Primary response to all construction and transport safety issues including communications with regulatory officials and customer SHE representatives.
- Deal with non-conformities and co-ordinate the analysis of their causes with the relevant area and carry out corrective, preventive and improvement actions.
- Ensure compliance with current legislation of the land as it relates to Environmental and waste management.
- Build cordial relationship with local authorities such as OGEPA, NAFDAC, MAN: authorizations, licenses, statistics, etc.
- Ensuring that employee involvement and empowerment is critical to fostering continual improvement, safety, waste elimination and waste reduction in production process.