Rainoil Limited is an integrated downstream oil and gas company. A prominent player in the Nigerian industry, the company’s operations span across the downstream value chain i.e. Petroleum Product Storage, Haulage/Distribution and Retail Sales. Our primary products include Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and Kerosene (DPK).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Job Ref: RO-00048
Job Type: Full Time.
- To work proactively with managers and lead a team which seeks to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the organisation hereby reducing the risk of potential losses
Duties and responsibilities
- Implements the departmental budget to ensure that safety objectives are achieved and monitors performance to minimise variances
- Monitors the inspection of trucks periodically to ascertain road worthiness as well as escalating any current or potential issues
- Performs periodic safety drills e.g. fire drills to ascertain the workers have a good understanding of the process in case of an emergency
- Ensures that the business is compliant with statutory, regulatory, industry and other HSE requirements
- Identifies potential business hazards and makes recommendations where necessary to the Head, Safety
- Supervises the implementation of designed safety policies and procedures
- Inspects safety tools and equipment e.g. sprinklers, fire extinguishers etc.
- Maintains effective relationships with relevant external agencies and emergency response service providers (e.g. Fire Service, emergency services, HMO, environmental agency etc.)
- Makes sure that personal protective equipment, such as dust masks, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets, is being used in workplaces according to regulations
- Coordinates the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in facilities
- Coordinate emergency procedures, Depot rescues, firefighting and first aid crews