Old Mutual Nigeria consists of a Life Assurance and General Insurance business and provides a wide spectrum of insurance solutions tailored to meet unique individual and corporate clients' circumstances.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Consultant
REF: 1384/NIGE/EU/SALES CONSULTANT (IBADAN)/Nigeria/081019
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- This role assists the branch Coordinator in ensuring that the key financial expectations in terms of general premium revenue are met. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
- Builds and maintains sustainable relationships with clients, and where applicable assigned brokers in designated portfolio.
- Manages the relationship between Old Mutual and its clients, and ensures maximum growth of the portfolio.
- Reacts to market trends and competitor initiatives to ensure sustainable growth.
- Supports and advises on all product-related aspects of all Old Mutual products to clients.
- Meets all new business targets as set out at the beginning of each year.
- Work with the Regional Manager to ensure the growth of the Old Mutual brand in Ibadan
Key Result Areas
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
- Ensure that the broker market is serviced at all times.
- Markets Old Mutual services and products to brokers and clients, face to face.
- Develops and try to find new business.
- Identify, initiate and convert leads to clients for Old Mutual General
- The ability to communicate and deliver information verbally in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner to other people, using appropriate props and tools.
- Understanding of the basic principles of insurance as applicable to life insurance.
- Knowledge and understanding of the information gathering process, the factors that affect the accepting and underwriting of risks, and how these are applied on a day-to-day basis.
- Receives requests for quotations from brokers and clients and makes alterations to existing business.
- Supports and advises on all product-related aspects of products to Brokers and clients.
- Builds and maintains sustainable relationships with all contracted brokers and clients in designated portfolio.
- Convinces brokers to sell Old Mutual products and services.