BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for generating, qualifying and closing sales leads in Nigeria (primarily) & other West African markets for BitPesa’s cross-border payments service.
- As the target market is mid-large corporate clients, you must bring a high-value network of key decision-makers in mid-large businesses to this opportunity. This presents an exciting way to get involved and help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level.
- We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with Executives and analyzing sales metrics.
- Source, qualify and close sales leads that satisfy internal criteria
- Create and execute a sales plan including but not limited to outlining a list of prospective clients and 6-12 month sales projections
- Adhere to the sales process set out by the company to acquire clients
- Ensure that new clients are won and trade large volumes consistently ( > $1million each per month) at profitable rates
- Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders when required, to move deals forward in the sales process (working with Compliance, Finance, or Product)
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture
- Develop quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans with specific, measurable goals
- Hold meetings with potential clients following the sales process set internally
- Keep sales tools updated regularly to clearly identify status and success during the sales process
- Collect data from potential clients and coordinate with internal teams to complete each sale
- Flawlessly execute trade requests from new clients and ensure thorough hand-off is completed to the Account Management Team for repeat clients
- Calculate ROI on acquired clients to measure the success of the sale
- Actively participate in weekly meetings, providing updates and comprehensive weekly/monthly reports of sales activities and results to key internal stakeholders.