CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SCOPE / Information Technology Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, with frequent visits toDikwa, Gwoza & Rann.
Reports to: Information Technology Officer
- The SCOPE / IT Assistant will provide computer and technology support for the organization and users
- He/she will manage SCOPE processes, Computer installation and maintenance, Network management, VSAT tracking and diagnostics, User access management.
- Maintain IT systems during the WFP SCOPE registration/verification in Dikwa, Gwoza & Rann.
- Support WFP SCOPE Registrars during Food distribution activities in all 3 locations.
- Manage all WFP SCOPE IT related issues in all 3 locations.
- Maintain IT systems and technologies including Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, VSAT and Inverter systems in coordination with IT officer.
- Maintain IT devices and equipment like Laptops, Desktops, touchpads, phones, printers, scanners, NAS, Firewall/Router, Switches, Access Points, Microwave radio links, Biometric scanners and readers, etc.
- Ensure proper operational conditions for IT and communications equipment in all locations
- Ensure appropriate access controls to IT and communications equipment including logging and reporting of breaches and status.
- Support the upgrades of IT solutions and service by monitoring and reporting bandwidth usage rates, recruitment patterns and consumption of IT equipment and services.
- Ensure increased availability of IT services by proactively preventing failures and damage
- Support the process of applying updates and patches of computer system firmware, Operating system and BIOS devices as well as Printer firmware and network devices
- Issue IT assets to users as requested by Project managers
- Support new user on-boarding and CARE IT Orientation process for new users and also periodically for existing staff members
- Support users with CARE-ID account creation and registration process, account reset and validation.
- Support users with office productivity tools and promote collaboration and team’s management tools
- Provide Training and orientation on account and device security as well as Responsible usage policy
- Retrieve all IT assets from users while abiding by applicable policies and procedures
- Maintain an up-to-date detailed inventory of IT assets by user, location, etc
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time