Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Advisor
- The Security Advisor in Abuja works with the HQ Security Manager to manage and coordinate all Creative security and safety programs, plans and policies relevant to the project including detailed security procedures that comply with Creative security policies.
- This will include emergency response drills and communication procedures for the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Chief of Party (COP). The position regularly interacts with HQ Security Manager and collaborates with project staff.
- The incumbent may supervise local security manager in select technical areas.
- Provide security, safety and risk mitigation advice and recommendations to the COP.
- Ensure that project staff complies with project security procedures.
- Monitor and analyze the ongoing threat environment faced by the project and brief the COP accordingly.
- Distribute threat warnings to all staff as appropriate. Ensure that appropriate risk migration measures are taken by the project to respond to the threats or changes in threats faced by the project. This is to include physical protection measures, safe working routines, movement restrictions, protection equipment and security staff provision, as required.
- Oversee movement control and coordination for the project, including driver and vehicle deployment and staff whereabouts.
- Oversee any security provider contracted by the project to ensure contractual compliance and performance of their duties, and act as the focal point of contact with the security provider.
- Report security incidents, violations and recommended corrective actions, as appropriate, to the COP, the appointing authority and the HQ Security Department.
- Ensure all new employee/contractor personnel receive appropriate security orientations and briefings
- Verify that all security devices such as locks, alarms, access systems and physical force protection measures are operational or reported for repair.
- Ensure visitor access and vehicle control systems are effective and appropriate for the threat environment.
- Work with the HQ Security Manager to maintain the project Crisis Response Plan in coordination with the COP, and ensure that the contact information contained therein is always up-to-date.
- Provide a weekly security report to the COP and HQ Security Department.
- Be able to assist with out-of-hours emergency response at the project, if needed.
- Serve as the liaison with the U.S. Embassy Regional Security Officer and/or equivalent U.S. Government personnel for project security matters, in coordination with the COP.
- Assist the project with business continuity planning, as required.
- Ensure that the Creative Sensitive Information (CSI) Plan is distributed to and is being followed by project staff