Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been present in Nigeria since April 2016. The NGO is willing to cover the needs of crisis affected people in Borno State through a comprehensive integrated approach, targeting the people’s affected by the crisis with means of subsistence (Food Security & Livelihood), the access to the basic services (Primary Health Care, Nutrition) and the living conditions (Shelter, NFI, WASH, etc.).
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security and Liaison Officer
Location: Maiduguri with frequent travel in Borno State
Under the Direct Supervision of: Field Coordinator
- PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for Liaison Officer.
- Under the supervision and direction of the Field Coordinator, the Liaison officer will effectively implement all appropriate risk management strategies on the ground, related to the safety and security, and the protection of staff and assets in mission.
- Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the management, implementation and oversight of all field security operations in support of staff and activities.
- In addition, the Liaison officer will establish links and synergies with local and national authorities at all levels, facilitating the implementation of programs and assisting PUI staff in any matter related to that.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collect, analyse and share all security and safety information relevant to PUI activities in Borno state.
- Brief and train the staff on security procedures and security assessment
- Ensure all procedures and measures against acts of corruption are in place and assist in potential investigations related to cases of corruption.
- Under the direction of the field coordinator, conduct security/risk assessment
- Assist the Field Coordinator in the design of the security strategies
Liaison with Administrative, Security, Humanitarian Stakeholders and Representation:
- Develop, build and maintain a network of interlocutors with all the stakeholders (security forces, UN agencies, NGOs, administration…)
- Ensure representation of PUI among partners, donors and different authorities;
- Participate to meeting with state and/or local leaders, ensure translation when needed and submit report.
- Research, prepare and follow-up on general Borno State governmental official processes (registration, statements, etc.), as necessary;
Context Analysis and Monitoring:
- Update regularly PUI Senior Management team on the Federal and Borno State context, through a weekly press review.
- At request, research and/or draft documents analising and presenting subjects linked to the PUI environment of work, whether on cultural, social, economic, political, humanitarian, etc issues.