Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security & Logistics Coordinator
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Category: Security & Logistics
Location: Michika, Adamawa State
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Reports to: Project Director
Terms and Conditions: The appointment will be for a one year based on annual contract extensions period depending on performance.
- Under the supervision of the Project Director and in collaboration with the Nuru International Field Team Security Program Specialist, the general purpose of the position is to ensure the proper and effective implementation of the Nuru Nigeria Safety and Security Program and to provide technical input, guidance and support to the Project Director and Nuru Nigeria programs.
- S/He will manage and implement the Safety and Security Program
- S/He will work closely with the Nuru International Field Team Security Program Specialist (FT SPS) in the development and implementation of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and provide for the safety and security of all staff
- The Security Coordinator shall serve as expert on all safety and security related matters. Working with the FT SPS, S/He will be responsible policy development and implementation which ensures the safety and security of staff members, program activities, assets, and field activities at Nuru Nigeria
- S/He will also ensure that security protocols and mechanisms are in place to address security challenges which are unique to the project
- S/He will provide direction and technical support in developing and maintaining context-specific field security and contingency plans.
- Provide safety and security related training sessions to staff, communities and stakeholders
- Build the capacity of specialized and non-specialized staff, as well as community volunteers and stakeholders in matters relating to safety and security
Plans and Policy:
- Develop and update security plans, contingency plans and crisis management plans
- Develop and update organizational policies and procedures in accordance with best practices and ensure their implementation
- Ensure the Safety and Security Programs is designed, planned, budgeted and implemented in a sustainable, accountable and transparent way
- Work closely with the colleagues to ensure the integration of the Safety and Security Program within Nuru Nigeria day to day operations and interventions
- Monitor security conditions and liaise with external agencies (UNOCHA, UN, NGO coordinating bodies, local governments, etc)
- Encourage and maintain active exchange of safety and security information within the region on useful news, publications, tools, best practices and lessons learned
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate their movement with little to no delay
- Supervise team within the NN security program
- Receives products and coordinates delivery within Nuru Nigeria Programs
- Takes steps to avoid quality control issues
- Makes sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Delegates assignments to warehouse and inventory clerks.
- Ensures that all direct report employees work efficiently.
- Accepts and signs for deliveries to Nuru Nigeria warehouse / store
- Coordinate in unloading new supplies.
- Organized and coordinate inventory around the Nuru Nigeria warehouse / store.
- Uses computerized inventory software to maintain records of all products and supplies.
- Ensures that receipts & warehouse records match up with physical inventory.
- Work with the procurement officer to oversees the processing & acquiring of programs orders.
- Ensures that all orders are delivered to Nuru Nigeria Programs in a timely fashion.
- Addresses and resolves any issues with delayed procurements.
- Orders supplies to replenish inventory as needed.
- Maintains and manages delivery schedule.
- Ensures that all expenditures stay within Nuru Nigeria budget.
- Ensures that all conveyance and organization deadlines are met.
- Reports any problems, issues, and losses to Project Director