The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos - Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation.
The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa, and also to provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region.
We require qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
- Coordinate the communication unit of the organization.
- Ensures the promotion of the organization’s brand identity.
- Develop and implement an integrated and innovative communications strategy that supports the Centre’s work and goal.
- Work with colleague to manage the Centre’s websites, print publications, social media channels, and other media outlet to promoting the work of the organization.
- Coordinates and works with graphic designer/animation to develop compelling and effective visuals for amplifying the work of the Centre.
- Write press statements on issues the organization is working on and coordinate its dissemination amongst media partners.
- Develop and maintain a database of media partners.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, and media experts to advance our work