Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Community Manager, Technical Talent
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Community Manager, Technical Talent Role
- You will be responsible for leading, building, and maintaining Andela’s talent pipeline and pre fellowship initiatives (internally and externally) and scalable programs that attract a broad, diverse group of aspiring African Technologists and prepare them for the Andela Fellowship as well as other opportunities in the global economy.
- Leading the community and owning the brand of Andela,to attract new community members and fellows to the organization.
- Build and own country specific and regional strategy, outreach and messaging for Community-at-large.
- Build models, metrics of success and growth strategies, ensuring long-term success and growth of our community.
Developer Ecosystem Engagement:
- Define community building and engagement strategy for the region.
- Stimulate advocacy, oversee production and deliver Community engagement material.
- Develop programs and material to facilitate contribution on-ramp.
- Represent the organization at conferences, organize / deliver Meetups
- Create opportunities to engage with relevant partners in a way that generates maximum value for our community.
- Driving meaningful engagements with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem.
- Create programs to increase organization’s brand awareness for decision makers and developers in our ecosystem.
- Manage and optimize outreach budget across community engagement, advertising, content marketing, events, etc
- Build Andela community pipeline and ensure that it’s active and sustainable to track performance of the community members.
- Drive increasing Community engagement in our members through Open Saturdays, Pre-bootcamp workshops etc..
- Design systems that enable enough facilitation hours to effectively invest in learners to get them fit for fellowship
- Iterate program design and program management methods to improve efficiency and scale reach 10x+
- Community Management would determine business requirement and business goals for service relationships both internally and externally
- Product Managers for the Supply chain which involves designing the product specs and processes to hire the best developers for the fellowship
- Prospective Candidates
- Andela Partners
- Community members
- Media team
- Marketing Team
- Operations Team
- Curriculum Team
- Partnerships Team
- Bootcamp Team
- People and Culture Team