Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Global Creative Lead
Specialization: Digital Media / ATL / BTL / Corporate Communications
What you’ll need to have/be:
- Be highly creative and imaginative.
- Have good written and interpersonal skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
What you’ll be doing:
- Discussing target audiences and core campaign messages.
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team.
- Writing and presenting a few options to business leaders/marketing team.
- Modifying artwork until the team is satisfied.
- Overseeing the production phase.
- Researching and analyzing campaign/communication effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities for the Role
- Graphic Designers deliver the visual content that accompanies and complements the written aspects of communication materials. They also work in close partnership with copywriters & brand managers to create authentic, engaging and compelling messaging. The candidate will be expected to:
- Generate and manage all global communications for Greenlight Planet. The Senior Graphic Designer will manage the visual communication on the company's website, corporate brochures, product packaging, video and other B2B focused materials.
- Work closely with the Creative Team Lead, copywriter and graphic design team, core business unit leaders and the company's executive team to manage all of Greenlight's key corporate and consumer communications across global and regional platforms.
- Create partner and consumer facing global assets and merchandising for print and web: flyers, posters, proposals, brochures, emails, etc.
- Design corporate materials to be used for company presentations, pitch decks, internal and external communication.
- Conceptualize and design highly effective point of sale materials to be used in a variety of channels within the West Africa Anglophone and Francophone markets – Nigeria, Ghana, Benin, Togo, Senegal.
- Support the team in creative leadership and by applying global brand guidelines around the company and be an ambassador for their correct implementation.
- Work with sales and marketing teams in West Africa to conceptualize and execute broader ATL / BTL campaigns and market activations.