Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior HR and Admin Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Location: Not specified
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial , Human Resources / HR , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: MMC with travels to field locations
Department / Sector: Operations
Reporting to: Finance, Admin and Logistics Manager
Start date: March 16, 2020
- The Senior HR & Admin Officer is the team leader of the NCAТs Human Resources and Administration.
- Responsible for coordination, support, compliance with the policies, payroll administration and general HR matters concerning NCA and staff.
- Co-ordinate the induction of new staff to the programme
- Provide advice, support and information to Staff and Managers on all personnel issues, including:
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Policies and procedures
- Performance management
- Staff welfare
- Follow up on comprehensive and constructive performance reviews and probationary period reviews completion on a timely basis.
- Conduct de-briefs with staff leaving the programme.
- Liaise with relevant supervisors to ensure staff exit procedures are followed, this includes ensuring de-briefs and end of contracts (including end dates, outstanding leave, money and assets owed to programme returned) clearance is finalized.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of innovative and flexible personnel policy and practice.
- Co-ordinate the induction of National Staff
- Liaise with Government agencies on recruitment and statutory regulations
- Ensure that national staff are recruited in a timely manner following internal procedures and guidelines
- Support managers in the writing of job descriptions, shortlisting and interviews
- Participating on interview panel for key positions
- Assist Managers in the management of all personnel systems, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are in compliance with policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Ensure that good quality information is provided to staff on contracts, terms and conditions etc.
- Oversea the issuing of contracts for all national staff
- Be the focal point for all personnel queries regarding national staff.
- Liaise with other agencies to ensure compatibility of terms and conditions for national staff
- Act as focal point for national staff queries regarding terms and conditions.
- Coordinate and oversee administrative sector duties of housekeeping, availability of consumables and utilities are paid
- Follow up on contracts to ensure validity and renewals are done in timely fashion
- Oversee flight movements and bookings both in the field and Abuja, including accommodation
- Official communication to staff on various matters public holidays, information from management, recruitment etc.