MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa\'s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. MTN paid $285m for one of four GSM licenses in Nigeria in January 2001. To date, in excess of US$1.8 billion has been invested building mobile telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria. Since launch in August 2001, MTN has steadily deployed its services across Nigeria. It now provides services in 223 cities and towns, more than 10,000 villages and communities and a growing number of highways across the country, spanning the 36 states of the Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Many of these villages and communities are being connected to the world of telecommunications for the first time ever. The company\'s digital microwave transmission backbone, the 3,400 Kilometre Y\'elloBahn was commissioned by President Olusegun Obasanjo in January 2003 and is reputed to be the most extensive digital microwave transmission infrastructure in all of Africa. The Y\'elloBahn has significantly helped to enhance call quality on MTN network.
Job Title: Senior Lead Solution Design & Integration
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: ICT / Computer
- Specialises In Designing And Developing IS Solutions For MTNN In Accordance With Architecture And Design Specifications.
- Complete An Analysis Of The Customer's Business Requirements, As It Relates To Technical Infrastructure Design, And Ensure Traceability Of The Design To The Business Requirements.
- Develop Designs Of The Functional Requirements In Relation To Enterprise Business Application Projects; And Including The Conceptual, High-Level And Detailed Design Specifications For Build, Implementation And Support Of This Business Solution.
- Organize And Coordinate The Activities Of The Systems Design Team And Communicate
- All Business Process Changes To Them And Highlighting The Implications On Design.
- Liaise With Vendors/Business Team For New Solution Pilot Execution , Proof Of Concept And Evaluate The Implications Of New Technology Trends.
- Assess Implications Of A Given Design, Current And Future Support Model; And Prepare An Implementation And Transition Plan.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
- Open Plan Office