The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority ("NSIA"), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, is mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Ref No: ES0097
- Reporting to the General Counsel, the officer will provide legal services to the Authority on matters of litigation, land/ property document perfection, contracts and other transactions that have legal implications to effectively mitigate the Authority’s exposure.
- Support the provision of ongoing legal and regulatory advisory for operational and investment-specific matters across the organisation.
- Support the provision of advice of a general nature on labour, current legislation on tax, finance, investment and other matters that are relevant to the functions and objectives of the Authority.
- Assist with managing relationships with external solicitors and arbitrators.
- Monitor, report and advise on litigation claims and ensure minimal damage is sustained by the Authority.
- Support Interactions with relevant regulatory authorities on behalf of the NSIA and provide backstopping in all meetings with MDAs and other stakeholders on legal matters relating to the operation of NSIA or prospective investments.
- Use of world class standards of governance, business integrity, and environmental and social stewardship including support for Know-Your- Customer and Anti-Money Laundering procedures, and reputational management
- Draft and or review NSIA policies, guidelines, frameworks, communications, contracts as well as legal documentation to which NSIA is a party prior to the General Counsel’s review/sign off.
- Assist in the provision of general sector and investment support where applicable, drawing on international experience and effective practice
- Assist with legal document retention, storage and custody.
- Any other responsibility as shall be assigned by the General Counsel or Executive Management from time to time.