Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Logistics Officer, Construction
- Under the direct supervision of Logistics Coordinator, the Construction/Maintenance Officer will serve as the infrastructure focal point for the Medecins Du Monde Nigeria Mission.
- S/he will work alongside existing Programs and will be responsible for the general infrastructure construction, maintenance and repair activities of the Mission.
- The Construction/Maintenance Officer will ensure that all construction, maintenance and repair at existing and new health facilities are carried out efficiently.
- Additionally, s/he will manage minor repairs and small-scale superstructure maintenance including the rehabilitation of all MDM office and guest house premises.
- Visit each MDM supported project sites at least twice per quarter to assess infrastructure needs.
- Oversee the development of accurate and detailed Statement of Work (SOW)
- Prepare Bill of Quantities (BOQ), carry out technical assessments with specifications, dimension and interpret technical drawings, blue prints etc. and advice MDM as appropriate.
- Work closely with program teams to address infrastructure needs at all MDM managed health facilities in Maiduguri and Damboa
- Develop practical logistics systems to support MDM program staff infrastructure needs.
- Organize the contracting of construction services in adherence with MDM logistics policies and procedures.
- Ensure that maintenance and renovation activities are of a high-quality and carried out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all people working on field sites in particular; local and technical contractors etc. are trained and supervised in the use and care of materials and equipment.
- Develop and roll out records system to track inventory of all construction supplies.
- Ensures coherent and timely ordering of materials and equipment required
- Work on timely preparation and accurate submission of monthly reports and data required for all construction and maintenance activities for the Nigeria Mission
- Perform other duties as required to maximize program outcomes.
- Training and capacity building of the Facility assist.
- Show and train the purchase how to choose good construction item
- Reinforce and train Deputy Log base on construction/rehabilitation skills
- Keep accurate and up-to date record of infrastructure conditions at all supported construction sites, including record of work already done and work to be done in the future.
- Submit a monthly report to the Logistics Coordinator
- Work closely and in a supportive manner with MDM Program staff members
- Work closely with supply team of Log depart on purchase and contract procedure