Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Senior Metocean Engineer – UIO/G
Job Type: Contract
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 3 weeks
- Perform metocean statistical and data analyses, provide metocean criteria and information to support operational planning and adhoc activities.
- Design, manage and develop metocean gathering systems that meet company standard, legislation and operational needs.
- Provide metocean data and reports to support Team Asset s to maximise asset operations and production performance at lowest unit cost
- Participate in design and operational planning reviews, audits and other metocean related reviews
- Contribute to corporate metocean database and discipline in association with other units so as to support lateral learning
- Demonstrate personal commitment to company HSSE objectives and motivate own to be HSSE champions.
- Coach others in Team on metocean issues
- Coach any assigned metocean engineer to acquire requisite skills
- Managing metocean PS016 performance standard for metocean stations in FSR and keep local PML210 library updated.
- Arrange for the installation, maintenance of DEP stipulated metocean stations to follow Performance Standard PS016 and CAA CAP437 regulation standards. To monitor sensor accuracy, quality control data and stability of such metocean systems.
- Plan and manage metocean measurement campaigns to increase company database and allow updated criteria reports (MRD)
- Manage weather forecast service to meet company standards and requirements, to include validation and development for an improved service.
- Ensure that weather forecasts, information and warnings are distributed through Team to the relevant individuals and s and the information is understood.
- Regular dialogue with local and global metocean personnel to improve local understanding and supporting collaboration.
- Monitor legal and company guidance / legislation to achieve compliance or clarification.
- Seek opportunities for the implementation of new metocean technologies with a view to reducing costs and improving service delivery/safety.
- Encourage local companies to participate actively in metocean works and in line with NCD steers.
- Support the provision of Metocean Services and advice to various customers in TEAM.
- Provide metocean QA/QC services for all offshore drilling, facilities and engineering construction projects and ensure compliance with technical and HSE standards.
- Produce Project-specific Health, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) Plan for each and every project.
- Monitor contractor HSSE performance during fieldwork and ensure safe operations.
- Carry out pre-mobilisation audit for each and every project.
- Monitor project progress, supervise contractor crews and ensure that technical standards are maintained to Company, Group and Statutory standards. Produce weekly and monthly project reports for activities.
- Ensure and promote full adherence to Team HSSE regulations by audit, review and follow-up of contractor performance
- Recognize possible hazards inherent in offshore survey work and take appropriate actions to mitigate them.
- Carry out risk assessments for all assigned offshore survey projects before mobilisation
- Monitor project progress, supervise contractor crews and ensure that technical standards are maintained to Company, Group (EP 18) and Statutory standards.
- Share and implement best practices with both Group and Team companies.
- Maintain relationship with the other metocean SME and PTE and seek advice as required.
- Develop, establish and maintain business contacts with internal and external parties in order to make optimal use of collaboration opportunities.