The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Job Title: Senior Organizational Development Officer
Vacancy No: IFRC03237
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 6 months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not applicable
- The Senior Organizational Development officer will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the HR reengineering process in the Nigerian Red Cross and for providing overall guidance and technical support as required.
- The post holder will work closely with his/her counterpart in the Nigerian Red Cross as well as with other partners to ensure quality and timely implementation of activities as well as proper alignment and coordination with other organizational development activities
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Organizational Development officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the plan and budget for the project, as well as terms and conditions defined in the project agreement between NRCS and IFRC, are fully respected in terms of:
- Implementation of the agreed plan and milestones in a timely manner and within the budget;
- Ensure proper communication and engagement from all NRCS departments and branches;
- Regular monitoring of activities and coordination with the external consultants;
- Narrative and financial reporting;
- Provide technical support and coaching to NRCS on the implementation of the Human Resources reengineering process and represent IFRC in technical discussions with the external consultants hired to provide technical
- Coordinate the provision of additional technical support from IFRC (Regional office or Geneva) or from other Movement partners if
- Work with NRCS counterpart and the external consultancy firm to provide regular updates (at least monthly) on the implementation of the project, requesting feedback from Movement partners when
- Ensure alignment and coordination between this project and all other NSD initiatives through a continuous dialogue and information sharing with NRCS, ICRC and partner
- Support NRCS in the development of a detailed plan and budget for the implementation of phase two of the HR reengineering
- Provide support to NRCS in the mobilisation of resources for the implementation of the second phase of the program in
- Identify and agree with NRCS best practices for the implementation of the project and ensure that NRCS respect these best practices, the labour laws and data protection laws of Nigeria and the IFRC Code of Conduct.
- Promote that lessons learned are properly recorded to be used in the future by NRCS or by other National Societies addressing a similar
- Elaborate the narrative and financial reports in accordance with IFRC and donor
- Participate in the meetings of the OD Technical Committee in Nigeria and contribute, as requested by IFRC, to other organizational development initiatives in The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.