ARM is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. Arm Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Portfolio Manager
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- The Position Holder is responsible for contributing to the formulation of investment strategies, product development and process improvement initiatives; maintain coverage of assigned research responsibilities; ensuring efficient trade execution, portfolio administration and transaction processing; supporting Junior Portfolio Managers, and maintaining secondary responsibility for asset portfolio.
- Market Research: Ongoing assessment of the universe of investible markets, asset classes and securities (using top-down and bottom-up approaches) and maintenance of associated records. The Position Holder is also responsible for the formulation and articulation of views on economies, markets and/ or individual securities with a view to guiding the investment decision-making process
- Financial and Trading Analysis: Perform detailed financial, product and trading analysis and build valuation models
- Trade Execution: Trade execution, including compilation and dissemination of approved portfolio trade orders to counterparties. The Position Holder is also responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate posting of portfolio and transaction data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investment Strategy: Active contribution to the development and implementation of strategies to improve the portfolio management function. The Position Holder is also responsible for the implementation of agreed investment strategies and action plans, and ensuring adherence to investment mandates and client profiles.
- Client Relationship Management: Preparation of period-end portfolio review reports for clients as requested by PPM.
- Reports and Presentations: Preparation of strategy reports and presentations on quarterly, half-yearly and annual basis, or as required. The Position Holder is also responsible for actively participating in the preparation and delivery of client presentations when necessary.
- Portfolio Appraisal: Conduct periodic return appraisals for all portfolios with the help of PPM. Portfolio analysis, including portfolio optimization, index/ benchmark and asset class analysis
- Research: Responsible for preparing research articles, notes and reports, as well as developing and improving research tools.
- Product Development: Contribution to product development