Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
Job Title: Senior Program Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 3 years
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
- We are looking for a Senior Program Associate will work from SFCG offices to develop and submit high quality donor proposals and tender bids that are aligned with SFCG’s priorities and demonstrate impact.
- S/he will be responsible for supporting the Country Director in overseeing reporting, reviewing project content and approaches, and leading new business development for the country program.
- S/he must be proactive in identifying new and nontraditional sources of funding from a range of institutional donors and working with SFCG’s country staff and other fundraising teams to leverage SFCG’s funding prospects.
- S/he builds the capacity of SFCG country offices to develop and manage strategic consortium partnerships with other NGOs. This position will involve field visits.
- The position will report to the Country Director, supervise the report officers and work closely with the Head of Offices and Project Managers.
Key Area 1: Project Reporting:
- Develop and update Nigeria programme donor reporting calendar and report tracking system;
- Coordinate project reporting for all active projects by developing and setting internal report development, review processes and internal deadlines;
- Work with project teams to review, edit, and finalise results-oriented project reports;
- Support Country Director, Head of Offices and project teams to develop “success stories” from project activities and documenting project impact;
- Build the capacity of the project teams to write high quality results-oriented reports.
Key Area 2: Business Development:
- Support the Country Director and Heads of Offices in leading proposal development process including consultations, programme design, and proposal writing;
- Liaise with finance teams to develop proposal budgets;
- Liaise with design, monitoring and evaluation (DM&E) plus communication and learning teams to include DM&E and communications plans and strategies in proposals;
- Coordinate with regional team to ensure proposal budget compliance with SFCG requirements;
- Support the Country Director and Head of Offices, in business development meetings with partners, donors, and other potential stakeholders.
- Work with staff from SFCG offices (including programme, finance, fundraising, and M&E) to develop and submit large scale proposals and tender bids (£500k and more) ensuring that applications are high quality, aligned with SFCG’s priorities and demonstrating impact
- Review and provide feedback on proposals and tender bids ensuring compliance with proposal development guidelines
- Provide ongoing guidance on donor policy and focus and identify institutional funding prospects beyond SFCG’s traditional donors
Key Area 3: Donor relationship building and influencing:
- Support SFCG country staff as well as SFCG International fundraising and programme staff to develop and manage strategic consortium partnerships with appropriate CSOs, academic organisations and private sector firms to leverage SFCG’s chances of success in competitive calls for proposals and tender bids
- Support SFCG’s Country Programmes to conduct donor scoping exercises and develop programme-led fundraising strategies
- Support SFCG’s programme experts and senior leaders by identifying and facilitating opportunities for relationship building with key donors
Key Area 4: Project Support:
- Advise Country Director and Heads of Offices on project content and implementation strategies;
- Support project managers and state coordinators on project and activity strategies and assist in identifying relevant SFCG resources and best practices;
- Review project activity work plans and approaches to ensure project elements are in line with the overarching project goal while also ensuring ‘Do No Harm’ and conflict sensitivity;
- Work with project and DM&E teams to review and analyzing project results;
- Registration of participant’s attendance in the field.
- Support project managers in planning, coordinating, and implementing activities where needed;
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.