The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for this position below:
Job Title: Senior Progrm Officer (TB/HIV/DR-TB) (Global Fund)
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
- Providing technical support for multidisciplinary TB, HIV/AIDS and DR-TB care and treatment, working with clinicians and State/health facility-based site teams to implement care and treatment services especially in TB/HIV treatment.
- Conducting mentoring and supervisory visits
- Actualizing various strategies at the national to facility-level according to the program component area.
- Executing component area strategies through mentoring, supervision and technical assistance to local partners in-country.
- Participating in United States Government, Federal Ministry of Health, Global Fund and other external partner technical meetings, as assigned.
- Attending technical, expanded leads, program area, departmental and regional meetings
- Providing feedback, progress update, performance achievement, and analysis as warranted
- Meeting project management, financial reporting, and program area performance measurement requirements.
- Preparing work plans for the department.
- Reporting all activities to the Technical Advisor HIV/TB/MDR-TB and the Director/Head, Clinical services Department.
- Building capacity, mentoring and providing hands-on supervision of doctors, pharmacist, laboratory Scientists & Nurses on TB/HIV/DR-TB Care & Treatment
- Attending and making presentations at scientific and programmatic meetings.
- Adhering and abiding by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- Carrying out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services department.