In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Senior Security Officer
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The Senior Security Officer will coordinate day to day security operations of the project. H/she will provide support and security updates to the Security Advisor for the day-to-day Project Security needs as per the Project/AUN security policies.
- Provide security coordination and supervision for the project and field offices.
- Responsible for the security of staff both staff and project properties.
- Provide the program staff with security clearance and ensuring security of training venues.
- Support in the implementation of phone tree and project emergency evacuation plan.
- Report to Security Advisor and the PD on safety mitigation and threat warnings at project offices/fields.
- Oversee movement control and coordination for the project, including driver and vehicle deployment and staff whereabouts.
- Liaise with Security Advisor and Project Director to issue security clearance before any field trip by program staff.
- Provide weekly security report to the PD, AG&C and Security Advisor
- Any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor.