Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Local Airport Rd, Ikeja, Nigeria
We’re looking for a Full Stack .Net engineer who will take a key role the software development team leading and working alongside engineers to build enterprise scale applications. You will play a role in all stages of the software development cycle working alongside other engineers, business analysts, software testers and DevOps engineers collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure of the software solutions.
- Application Development Cycle - Show fundamental knowledge of application development cycle.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Design - Follow established design patterns and has awareness of user experience standards. Responsible for individual components of the design.
- Documentation - Create basic technical documentation.
- Integration - Responsible for less complex components of integration within a module.
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with the team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Project Management - Take ownership of the success of projects. Responsible for estimating and delivering on individual task within a project.
- Quality - Follow established coding standards. Submit code for review and deliver quality, unit test code.
- Security - Show fundamental knowledge and the ability to learn secure coding processes and writing, accessing, and following established security protocols.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, training, partnering with more senior members of the team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden the scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Software Solutions - Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, Enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
- Troubleshooting - Show the ability to resolve basic issues and offer input on issue resolution.