ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Strategy Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
- Responsible for the development and supervision of corporate and unit-level strategy, monitoring, measuring and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the strategy and how it adds value to the Group and subsidiary companies. §Responsible for the incubation of Group-level strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out research and data collection and analysis of qualitative or quantitative data for insights that will drive the development of new strategies and new business opportunities.
- Develop strategies for the Group, and its subsidiaries, through the provision of research support, competitive strategy (Porter’s 5 Forces) analysis, design and implementation of enterprise-wide balance score cards and associated strategy maps, driving the target setting process, and assisting subsidiaries and other business functions on the design and use of the balanced scorecard methodology
- Identifying issues (within the organization and externally) and forming hypotheses, formulating and implementing recommendations /solutions and developing implementation plans.
External Stakeholder Engagement:
- Provide research and co-ordination in preparations for Group presentations to key external parties
- Conduct competitor analysis which involves gathering data on competitor in all business segments that the Group competes in and developing a SWOT analysis for the industry and the Group.
- Identify environmental drivers of business performance and change, through periodic PESTLE analyses of the organization’s operating environment; develop business scenarios (based on outcomes of analyses) and define implications for Group, subsidiaries, and support functions; perform market segmentation, to distill key buyer values; and model organization’s response as appropriate to environment factors, and market segments.
- Assist in business development efforts, including the creation of concepts and proposals
- Develop business proposals and executive level presentations and reports to support analyses and recommendations
- Design financial and organizational models, examine competitive landscapes and conduct stakeholder analyses to support project needs.
- Track and report on critical key performance indicators (e.g. financial, operational) for both the group, subsidiary businesses and support functions; assessing the organization’s performance on core performance drivers; identifying, compiling, analyzing and prioritizing all bottlenecks to optimal performance.
- Benchmark ARM against competitor firms on various relevant parameters and indicators to understand how the firm ranks against competitors within its operating environment.